|« Free V-Day card from Tiny Prints||DAWG shoes review and giveaway! »|
I was cleaning out my freezer this past week when I stumbled upon some frozen strawberries my family and I had picked over the summer. I forgot those were in there. I didn't have a specific use for them (obviously, since I had forgotten they were even in there) but I had always wondered about making my own fruit roll ups. I decided, yes, I would give it a whirl.
It was surprisingly easy and relatively successful! Plus, it's a great way to get Vitamin C into my kiddos without any hassle at all. (And who couldn't use a little extra vitamin c during flu season?!)
I wanted to share the recipe with all of you....
1) Take about 3 cups of strawberries (fresh or frozen) and puree them in the food processor.
2) Add in 1-2 Tbsp of honey and stir well.
3) Spread mixture onto a baking pan or cookie sheet that has been lined with parchement paper.
4) Bake at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours depending on your oven. (As you near the 2 hour mark you will want to start checking and looking for crispy edges. )
5) Leave to cool. Leave in fridge or on counter overnight until fruit leather softens a bit.
6) Cut with a pizza cutter or knife and keep refrigerated until ready to be eaten.